Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hanon's 6ths!

So!! I've always been a big proponent of Hanon's 6ths exercises and decided to pursue them again. I'd like to get all 60 at 108 bpm for 16th notes. Apparently if you can do them all at 108 you can get through all 60 exercises in an hour. Pretty sweet! I'm working on 1-11 before it starts to do octaves and such. I have a handful of intermediate students working on exercises one and two. Trying to get 80bpm. It went well today! I have one at 108, about 5 others around 92 and the other 5 at a mere 65. hahaha. Those are silly hard.

And to add to my solo list:

Boys of Summer: Don Henley
Fallin': Alicia Keys
Somewhere over the Rainbow: Eva Cassidy
These Dreams: Heart
Dog and Butterfly: Heart
Dance in the Dark: Lady Gaga
Run: Leona Lewis
Time after Time: Cyndi Lauper

Having a tough time finding uptempos that sound normal on just a piano and vocals...but hopefully more soon!! I have an absurd amount of ballads!!!


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment